Honolulu Air Conditioning Services
Committed to Helping Our Customers Are Comfortable on Their Property
At Steve's Plumbing & A/C Service, we have been helping customers in the Honolulu area with their air conditioning (AC) needs since 1987. Equipped with state-of-the-art tools, technology, and training, our professionals are committed to getting the job done right. We understand how inconveniencing AC issues can be, and we want to help you address the problem and feel comfortable in our home or business again. We offer a wide variety of high-quality AC services—from repairs to replacements/installations to routine maintenance.
To request an estimate or schedule a service, call (808) 431-3646 or reach out to us online today.
When Should I Schedule AC Maintenance?
How often you should schedule maintenance can vary based on your system and the property’s individual needs. As a rule of thumb, though, you should schedule routine service once or twice a year to ensure your system operates at maximum efficiency.
Common AC Issues
If your AC is not working effectively, you may need to schedule an inspection or repair appointment. Common air conditioning system issues are:
- The system doesn’t turn on. If your AC isn’t cutting on, you may need to check your thermostat to replace the batteries; if that doesn’t work, you should check and/or reset your circuit breaker. However, these fixes may not work, which means you should schedule a professional appointment.
- The AC is blowing hot or warm air. If your AC isn’t blowing cold air, you may have an issue with your filters, ducts, or condenser.
- The outside unit is freezing up. If your system has low coolant levels, motor issues, or a stick contractor, it may freeze up.
- Your AC refrigerant is leaking. A refrigerant leak can affect how well your air condition system works, whether rooms are unevenly cooled, and how high your energy bill is.
- Your AC is making strange noises. If you notice your system making unusual sounds, that can mean that you have any number of issues. The type of sound the system makes can differ based on the type of issue the system has. While a refrigerant leak is signaled by a hissing noise, banging or rattling can mean the motor or blower needs to be checked, and electrical issues are signaled by a buzzing sound.
- The evaporator coil is frozen. If the AC system doesn’t receive enough air, the evaporator coil freezes, which can lead to your AC freezing and failing to work as well. If your ducts need to be cleaned, you have blocked vents, or a faulty fan, that can affect your system’s airflow.
- The AC has a drainage problem. If your air conditioning system is not mounted levelly or has a drainage problem, mold, mildew, and other gasses and bacteria can filter into your property’s air.
Signs Your AC Needs to Be Replaced
While every unit is unique, air conditioners can last for about 15 to 20 years. If your system is older (and within this age range) or is in constant need of repair, it may be time to replace the unit. Other signs you need to replace your AC are:
- Having a higher than usual energy or utility bill
- Noticing a burning odor or consistent screeching sound coming from the unit
- Having a weak airflow
- Noticing the system is short-cycling
Contact Our Honolulu Professionals Today
Steve's Plumbing & A/C Service is here to handle a host of Honolulu AC services, and no job is too big or small for our team. We offer residential and commercial services and can help our customers with the following services.
- AC repair. We can address many issues, including (but not limited to) broken blower fans, worn capacitors, clogged air filters, dirty condenser coils, frozen evaporator coils, etc.
- Duct repair. If your ducts need to be cleaned, reinstalled, or repaired, we can inspect your ducts and advise you on how best to repair them.
- AC maintenance. As we mentioned, you should schedule routine maintenance annually. We can assess your system and “tune up” any issues that are presented.
- Ductless mini-split systems. Many people want to install ductless systems as they are easy to install and can help lower energy costs. Our professionals can install and repair these systems.
- Thermostat repair. If your thermostat is malfunctioning, we can assess the issue and make a recommendation as to what you should do.
- Indoor air quality. We offer several IAQ solutions including air purifiers, IV lights, air filter replacements, IAQ testing, and humidifiers.
To schedule an AC service, contact our team online or call (808) 431-3646 now. We look forward to hearing from you!
“May not necessarily be the cheapest but you are paying for the quality, peace of mind, and quick response time to my urgent matter.”- Elias S.
“They said they would be there at 9:30 and by gosh, they showed up at 9:28 that not a normal thing when it comes to plumbing.”- Bob J.
“We have high praise for both of them, their professionalism, courtesy, friendliness, and reliability.”- Ulrich
We believe your Plumbing or AC problem should be treated urgently and with care.
Offering upfront pricing. We charge by the job, not the hour! Know the price before we start.
We know that Plumbing or AC problems happen at all hours of the day. Our team is here to help!
We're not happy until you're happy. We guarantee all of the work completed.
We treat your home like it's our own. We're committed to leaving it better than we found it.
An Experienced Team
Proudly providing quality Plumbing, Air Conditioning, & Drain Cleaning service with aloha since 1987!